What you get
- 12 full HD video lessons of more than 4 class hours
- Can be accessed from everywhere on all devices
- Very detailed instructions in close-ups on how to make gum paste that is translucent, pliable and easy to blend for pure-looking and more realistic flowers.
- Full detail material worksheets.
- Quick responses from the instructor.
- Continuous support to resolve any single technical issue arising.
World-renowned cake artist & instructor, Jessica MV has been working with home-made gum paste for years using Nicholas Lodge’s recipe because it stands humidity the best compared to many commercial brands. However, she has to work in extreme conditions for gum paste such as strong air-conditioned or dehumidified space due to super humid spring & very long hot &humid summer but very dry fall & winter days in her city. And she finds that gum paste, either home-made or commercial always becomes dry very fast while she’s still working on it under those typical conditions regardless how quick she is. Also, the flowers made out of home-made gum paste look a bit dull compared to the ones using commercial paste
Jessica has modified the recipe by Nicholas Lodge to make it so much more comfortable to work with under the same conditions. And interestingly, it creates such pure looking flowers. Pastel flowers like the peonies & dahlias that she will teach in this course don’t really need dusting to be lifelike & looking soft as high quality commercial paste.
In this course, Jessica will share with you all the steps in making this beautiful gum paste as well as tons of techniques in making two forever-in-trend flowers: peony & dahlia with buds & leaves.
Hope you enjoy the class!
- Lessons 13
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 1441
- Assessments Yes