What you get
- 14 full HD video lessons of more than 5 class hours
- Can be accessed from everywhere on all devices
- Very detailed instructions in close-ups on how to make gum paste that is so pliable and easy to blend for sophisticated texture effects that we can hardly achieve with normal gumpaste and methods of creating various textures for mordern wedding cake designs or creative textures on novelty cakes such as rock textures, crackled leaves & mosaic art, crackled ruffles… and sculpture techniques on a show stopping wedding cake
- Full detail material worksheets
- Quick responses from the instructor.
- Continuous support to resolve any single technical issue arising
World-renowned cake artist & instructor, Jessica MV will share with you her beautiful texture techniques using the gum paste that she adapts from Nicholas Lodge’s home-made version.
You will recognise how versatile the new gum paste is with a lot of artistic textures such as 2-in-1 effect: the crackled decaying leaves an mosaic art or the ruffles with crackles on their background & the exotic rock textures.
Also, you will learn the artistic flower sculptures on cake canvas. As you know, traditional gum apste often dries very fast, so it’s quite hard for modelling work. But this modified version of the paste will set you free from the stress. Being slower in drying anf easy to blend seamlessly are two of its advantages and these strong points will reflect in the designs taught in this course. You will be able to craft very intricate details from the chrysanthemums to the thistles and all tiny details to add a lot more depth to a dramatic design.
Let’s discover the magic of the modified gum paste and its texture applications!
- Lessons 15
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 922
- Assessments Yes
- Lesson 1: Making gum paste
- Lesson 2: Summary of Important Tips in making gum paste
- Lesson 3: Blending the paste
- Lesson 4: Making crackled multicolor leaves
- Lesson 5: Creating mosaic effect
- Lesson 6: Creating rock textures
- Lesson 7: Making crackled ruffles
- Lesson 8: Sculpting chrysanthemum flowers
- Lesson 9: Sculpting chrysanthemum branches & leaves
- Lesson 10: Sculpting tropical buds & leaves
- Lesson 11: Sculpting tropical flowers
- Lesson 12: Making lichens
- Lesson 13: Sculpting thistle flowers & calyxes
- Lesson 14: Making thistle leaves & finishing off
- Course materials