What you get
- 32 full HD video lessons of more than 12 class hours
- Can be accessed from everywhere on all devices
- Very detailed instructions in close-ups on how to treat wafer paper to make it soft to work with, make gum paste & modelling chocolate in Jessica’s own adapted versions & use these mediums to create very versatile textures for 8 wedding cake designs of 3 tiers each.
- Full detail material worksheets.
- Quick responses from the instructor.
- Continuous support to resolve any single technical issue arising.
You will be able to manage to condition wafer paper to turn it into a very white & pliable medium from ready-made fragile sheets; then Jessica MV will guide you through 3-tier cake designs with tons of techniques using everything wafer paper from various ruffle styles, rosettes, drapes, braids, vintage textures to sophisticated bow types.
Gum paste gives you freedom in creating movements on flowers and decorating details on cakes, but it always gets aged and dry so quickly, which limits our creativity and sometimes we will look for another type of paste that can correct those shortcomings.
Now Jessica MV, CakeJess’ instructor will show you the secrets in making home-made gum paste that is so much improved and gives you more possibilities in creating your own masterpieces!
You will see how gum paste can stand many hours of resting in very dry conditions but can still be used as if it’s very soft and can be turned into various art forms on cake: fashion ruffles, rock textures, crackled leaves and mosaic art.
This course is for you, too if you want to discover the possiblitities of modelling chocolate in creating artistic textures. You will learn to make the paste & the methods of treating the medium to turn it into a seamless palette with layers of colors, creating styles of crackles & ruffles with crackled effects & imprinting lace on the cake with its hidden charm revealed under a thin layer of black paste as well as precious gemstone textures.
We all know the magic of chocolate but we hope the course will surprise you more with the amazing versatility that the sweetest material to eat has.
- Lessons 33
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 36
- Assessments Yes
Session 1: Wafer Paper Creative Textures
- Lesson 1.1: Introduction about wafer paper: Making wafer paper glue & conditioning wafer paper
- Lesson 1.2: Classic Elegant Ruffles & Tattered Ruffles
- Lesson 1.3: Shabby Ruffles & Braids
- Lesson 1.4: Rosettes & Inspired Ruffles
- Lesson 1.5: Wafer paper Vintage textures
- Lesson 1.6: More Rosettes
- Lesson 1.7: Classic Metallic Bow & Drapes
- Lesson 1.8: Infinity Two-tone Bow
Session 2: Modified Gum Paste & Texture Masterclass
- Lesson 2.1: Making gum paste
- Lesson 2.2: Summary of Important Tips in making gum paste
- Lesson 2.3: Blending the paste
- Lesson 2.4: Making crackled multicolor leaves
- Lesson 2.5: Creating mosaic effect
- Lesson 2.6: Creating rock textures
- Lesson 2.7: Making crackled ruffles
- Lesson 2.8: Sculpting chrysanthemum flowers
- Lesson 2.9: Sculpting chrysanthemum branches & leaves
- Lesson 2.10: Sculpting tropical buds & leaves
- Lesson 2.11: Sculpting tropical flowers
- Lesson 2.12: Making lichens
- Lesson 2.13: Sculpting thistle flowers & calyxes
- Lesson 2.14: Making thistle leaves & finishing off
Session 3: Creative textures with modified modelling chocolate
- Lesson 3.1: Making modelling paste (modified modelling chocolate)
- Lesson 3.2: A checklist of successful tips in making the paste
- Lesson 3.3: Seamless multicolor layering: Tinting & blending the paste
- Lesson 3.4: Hidden charm lace
- Lesson 3.5: Two crackle styles: Micro crackles & grid crackles
- Lesson 3.6: Crackled ruffles & Finishing off
- Lesson 3.7: Tinting & blending the paste
- Lesson 3.8: Malachite gemstone textures & malachite stone topper
- Lesson 3.9: Ombre fault line effect
- Lesson 3.10: Making a dream catcher with macrames & Finishing off