What you get
- 14 full HD video lessons of more than 4 class hours
- Can be accessed from everywhere on all devices
- Very detailed instructions in close-ups on how to condition wafer paper without using alcohol, very simple but effective to turn wafer paper into a silky smooth, whiter & very pliable for realistic flowers and all kinds of cake textures you can think of!
- Full detail material worksheet
- Quick responses from the instructor.
- Continuous support to resolve any single technical issue arising
World-renowned cake artist & instructor, Jessica MV has her own method of treating wafer paper to turn it from a fragile, hard-to-use flower medium into something so different: very pliable, soft, smooth & super white; which totally change the nature of what wafer paper appears to be & make it become an interesting medium for realistic, fluffy & soft-looking flowers. You will learn how to make an open peony, a classic rose, hydrangeas & winter blackberry leaves with all flower techniques you can use on a flower paste from basic to intermediate: from coloring/painting to veining, texturing , shaping & dusting.
Also, Jessica MV will guide you through 3-tier cake designs with tons of techniques using everything wafer paper from various ruffle styles, rosettes, drapes, braids, vintage textures to sophisticated bow types.
You will find yourselves totally change your viewpoint on wafer paper!
- Lessons 15
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 833
- Assessments Yes
Session 1: Wafer Paper Creative Textures
- Lesson 1: Introduction to wafer paper: Making wafer paper glue & Conditioning wafer paper
- Lesson 2: Classic Elegant Ruffles & Tattered Ruffles
- Lesson 3: Shabby Ruffles & Braids
- Lesson 4: Rosettes & Fashion-inspired Ruffles
- Lesson 5: Wafer paper Vintage Textures: On-fire effect & Mixed media textures
- Lesson 6: More Rosettes
- Lesson 7: Classic Metallic Bow & Drapes
- Lesson 8: Infinity Two-tone Bow
Session 2: Wafer Paper Realistic Flowers
- Lesson 1: Making an open Peony (Part 1): the center & the outer layers
- Lesson 2: Making an open peony (Part 2): Assembling, highlighting the flower & making the calyx
- Lesson 3: Making a classic rose (Part 1): Making the bud & 5 layers of petals
- Lesson 4: Making a classic rose (Part 2): Making rose calyx, dusting the flower & calyx
- Lesson 5: Making hydreangeas: Making, dusting & assembling the center & petals
- Lesson 6: Making winter blackberry leaves
Hi Ms. Jess, would like to know if wafer paper can be attach to buttercream (imbc) covered cakes similar to your petals-covered cake. I’m a bit hesitant if it might slip off. Thank you.
Some items like wafer paper bows can be fixed on buttercream covered cake, but all-over details such as macrames, drapes& rosettes can’t, they may slip off. So I highly recommend wafer paper decorations & flowers for fondant cakes. For buttercream cakes, only wafer paper flowers as toppers can stay good for sure.
I just purchased this course and am very excited. Wafer paper has hated me thus far so let’s see how it goes hehehee. Will the class be actually uploaded later-I see no content here?
the videos will go live in a couple of days. We will send out a newsletter to all who pre-ordered the course when the videos are available to watch.
Thanks for being interested,
Hi. I ha e pre ordered the video bundle. Are they available to watch yet?
Yes, all are ready! You can log in & go to “Library”, click on the course to watch!
Hi I’m intrested onwafer paper master course.. just want to knw ,, are tutorials videos are downloadable.. hope I c could get it as as I purchase… love ur work…eagerly waiting to try.. thank you
For security reasons, the videos can’t be downloaded. You can only watch them online.
Hi I purchase d course.. but it’s says pending.. is it available
Yes, it’s always available. Perhaps the payment gateway was pending at the time you checked out. You can try later.
Hi Jess. Where do I find the templates for the wafer paper flowers? Thanks for sharing! Love the tutorial!?
You need to click on the arrows above the video on “Search” tab, then scroll down on the list of lessons, the material worksheets are at the bottom. Thanks for joining the the class.
Hi, Before I purchase the lesson, may I know if the recipe used are vegan? no egg, no dairy or animal-derived product?
Sure. I use nothing related to all that you mentioned.
Hola jess!!!, necesito ayuda , no puedo encontrar mi curso y tampoco puede ver el tutorial gratis que tome para saber sobre la dinámica de las clases y la página , desde ya muchas gracias.
You need to:
1.log in your user account
2. Click on “library”
3.click on the title of the course
4. Click on the course outline then each lesson to watch the video.
Hi dear Jess,
so in this bundle you teach all the techniques of the making of the 3 cakes in the video?
I am interested in buying this bundle, I enjoy your sessions so much, I always buy the bundles!
Yes, the bundle includes all 3 cakes with textutures in session 1 and all the flowers/leaves in session 2.
thank you so much
Hello, and what oil or fat do you use to lubricate the edge of the petal and kinder-form? sincerely, Anastasia.
I used Crisco, the vegetable shortening.
I can’t find the templates, please help me
If you watch on an IPad/a smart phone, click on the arrows on tab “ Search” above each video, then scroll down on the list of lessons on the left of the video. The attachments are at the end of the list for downloading.
Hi dear Jessica
may I ask what brand wafer paper you use?
And also have you bought it from aus amazon or us?
I used Oasis Supply wafer paper, O-grade. I bought it on Amazon.
I included the details in the course materials. Did you find the attachments?
I have purchased all of your classes and have to say that I have thoroughly enjoyed each and every one of them! Your style and one-of-a-kind techniques will definitely open up new creative outlets in my very own work! I can hardly wait for your newest upcoming classes in August! Thank you so much for sharing your creative knowledge with us! Love it!
Hi, interested in the wafer paper class..but i have couple of doubts..
1..is this class includes coloring of wafer paper
2..can we keep cakes with wafer paper decorations in fridge..
Yes to both questions ?
Hello Jess, I am making red rose and I have a lot of corn starch on the flower. I brush it off as you said but still lots on. Colour isn’t so good because of starch. Any other way I can remove it? Thank you
I think we should eliminate the problem which as you described might be the corn starch. So please make sure:
1. Use smooth, good quality corn starch
2. Use proper pouch so that it doesn’t produce so much starch when you apply it to the petals.
3. The problem might be your brush too! Use a soft, good quality brush that can absorb the liquid well, only this way it can apply the color well on the wafer paper. A nylon brush may cause trouble in applying color.
4.Check your technique of applying water too. It should be even, you can apply color in 2 parts: from center towards the top edge of the petal then apply corn starch, change to from center towards the tail.
5. Too much corn starch that you can’t remove all away is highly possible because of too much liquid applied as well as the brush as I mentioned above. Take care of these 2 things.
6. Check the quality of the wafer paper you used too!
7. Last but not least, if you are still not happy with the outcome after correcting all above mistakes, dust the flower with deep red petal dust when the flower gets dry. It will bring the color to life!
Dear Jessica.. i have tried downloading the template of wafer paper tutorials on rose and peony.. but im unable to do so. Can you please mail it to me.
I’m so sorry you need to dowmload the worksheets on your own. Whenever it fails to be downloaded, please check whether your device has enough memory for that or PDF reader software on your device works properly.
Thanks for your support!
Can i put the wafer paper textures and flowers on chantilly or ganache? will the wafer paper get soggy?
Busy textures may slide down on ganache. I prefer less wafer paper details if there’s no fondant cover on cakes
Maybe this is addressed elsewhere and I missed it, but I’m not seeing an option to purchase the wafer paper masterclass. I can only wish list it even though there’s a price advertised for purchase.
Can you try going to home page & click on the course, then there’s an ” Add cart” button to check out.
hi jess..i have question i made wafer paper florals..is it ok to put them in the fridge..thank you so much for sharing your knowledge..it my new favorite .im glad i bought your classes.
Yes,wafer paper flowers can be put in the fridge but they may become a bit more fragile. In fact, they stay quite strong in normal room temperature so it’s not necessary to store them in the fridge.
Thanks for joining
I cant play my videos , keep getting flashing black outs . Can you advise ok why this is happening ?
Please check if:
1. your Internet runs properly or not.
2. your Internet service supplier restricts Vimeo or not (our videos are based on Vimeo) for support.
3. the Internet browser you are using becomes outdated. If so, you need to update it.
I really love this class. Thank U for the tips and trick too but my only dilemma is how to make my red flowers to look more clean and brighter..due to the corn starch it looks powdery and not clean..can i steam the flowers just like the sugarpaste flowers?
Conditioning wafer paper with deep red might be a bit messy on humid days, but it can be avoided if you adjust the amount of conditioner applied. It’s very important to use a good-sized brush which absorbs water well and we need to remove the excessive water out of the brush before applying it on a petal ( i showed this technique carefully in the course).
Also, the most important technique to get rid of the starch stain left on dark red flowers is dusting. Dust it with red petal dust like with sugar flowers. It will bring your flowers to life.