What you get
- 17 full HD video lessons of more than 5 class hours.
- Can be accessed from everywhere on all devices.
- Very detailed instructions in close-ups on how to make gum paste that is so translucent, pliable and easy to blend for very pure-looking & more realistic flowers as well as the ones with exotic ombre shades on their petals without any painting involved.
- Full detail material worksheets.
- Quick responses from the instructor.
- Continuous support to resolve any single technical issue arising.
World-renowned cake artist & instructor, Jessica MV will introduce a modified method of making gum paste that she has developed from the famous recipe by Nicholas Lodge. There will be some adaptation in the process of making with the same ingredients to make the paste purer, translucent, slower in drying even in super dry working room or weather.
It also has some other advantages that you may want to try. As sugar flower makers, we all may experience the fact that though our hands, tools & working counter are completely clean, while we work with gum paste, the paste will catch a lot of fibers & dust that sometimes we don’t know where they are from & this puts us in quite a lot of stress. Now with this adapted version of home-made gum paste, you will feel much more comfortable as the paste will behave so much better & you can become unafraid of not being quick enough before the paste gets dry & becomes useless.
The modified gum paste Jessica makes also blends very well and you can create ombre colors without complex painting or dusting techniques.
Jessica will show you how to make the paste & all the steps in making a pure peony with four bud styles & leaves, a dahlia with buds & leaves to create a romantic collection then cover two exotic flowers in ombre colors achieved by blending the paste; rose and peony that have glowing effect.
Hope you enjoy the flower journey with Jessica on cakejess.com!
- Lessons 19
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 50 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 605
- Assessments Yes
Session 1: Making Gum Paste
Session 2: Pure Romantic Flowers
- Lesson 1-Session 2: Making peony pistils & stamen
- Lesson 2-Session 2: Making peony non-wired center layers
- Lesson 3-Session 2: Making peony wired outer layers & calyx
- Lesson 4-Session 2: Making, dusting & glazing peony leaves
- Lesson 5-Session 2: Making peony buds in 4 styles
- Lesson 6-Session 2: Dusting, highlighlighting & glazing buds & flower calyx
- Lesson 7-Session 2: Making a classic dahlia: Forming the center bud & making the center layers
- Lesson 8-Session 2: Making dahlia outer layers & calyx
- Lesson 9-Session 2 Making, dusting & glazing dahlia leaves
- Lesson 10-Session 2: Making, dusting & glazing the bud & finishing off
Session 3: Exotic Ombre Flowers
- Lesson 1-Session 3: Blending ombre paste & peony center layers
- Lesson 2-Session 3: Making dual tone peony outer layers
- Lesson 3-Session 3: Making & dusting peony calyx
- Lesson 4-Session 3: Blending ombre paste & making rose center layers
- Lesson 5-Session 3: Making ombre rose outer layers & calyx
- Lesson 6-Session 3: Making, dusting & glazing rose leaves & Finishing off
dear jessica hello, where can I find leaf drawings to study flowers